With the excitement of the beginning, I didn’t mention that the course I’m making is the Bombshell Dress. Yesterday class was concentrated on the fitting of the bodice, and particularly on the cups fitting. As I suspect it’s a little bit tight, but the only alteration I’m going to make is sewing a little bit out of the seam lines, because is just a little bit. In the cups is been different, I’ve had to make them bigger. Following Gertie’s instructions (more or less) and fixing my dress form as I could to my measurements, I drape the cups on it. And there it’s where I am. I had to repeat the class a couple of times, to be sure of what I was doing. I still have to transfer the changes to the pattern and make the muslin again, but I couldn’t resist and I tried the cup on my breast with the pins and all, and it looks quite well, but I won’t know it for sure till I sew the cups and I try the complete bodice. The truth is that the fitting is always one of parts that I fear most, I normally make my own patterns, and it's when I find the good or bad I have developed a pattern, and seeing that it turned out bad or I have to make many changes after all the work made, makes me feel bad.
Así es como ha quedado la primera prueba y el cambio en la copa. Creo que es el peor "muslin" de la historia.
So this is how my first muslin looks and the changes on the cup. I think this is the worst muslin in history.
|Don't be scared! It's my muslin.|
No os asustéis! Es mi prueba.
Para que mi maniquí se aproximara a mis medidas, lo envolví en guata y le pusé un sujetador, con un par de copas de foam y un poco de tela. Me gustaría tener un maniquí con mis medidas, pero estoy dudando entre adaptar el mío con rellenos y forrarle, como Gertie, o hacer uno con cinta americana como Lupecienta. También me gusta la opción de Maria José, aunque no tengo ese tipo de maniquí, pero no descarto comprarlo en el futuro.
So that my dressform approach my size, I wrapped it with padding and put a bra, with a pair of bra cups and some fabric. I'd like to have a dressform with my size, but I'm hesitating whether adapting mine with padding and lining, as Gertie's, or making one with duct tape as Lupecienta. I like also María José's option, although I don't have that type of mannequin, but I don't dismiss buying one in the future.